WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU REGISTER AND WHY?
When you buy goods from us, you are entering into a contract with us.
We will ask you to provide some personal information to keep on file in our secure database to enable us to contact you so we can carry out your order smoothly i.e. design proofing, quoting, telling you when your order is ready and/or any queries relating to your order.
The information we keep on file is as follows:
- full name
- contact numbers
- email address
As an existing customer if you have shopped with us using a credit or debit card, or we have taken these details for a payment authorisation, we will securely collect and store this payment card information.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so. The law says we must have one or more of these reasons and these are:
- Contract – your personal information is processed in order to fulfil a contractual arrangement e.g. in order to send you your Order.
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for storing your personal details for completing your order or letting you know of any future promotions.
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of Utopia Signs Ltd in managing our business to allow us to provide you with the best products and service in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s such as delivery partners.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Here is a list of the ways that we may use your personal information, and which of the reasons described above we rely on to do so. Where we list legitimate interests as a reason, we also describe below what we believe these legitimate interests are.
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR & OUR REASONS (LEGAL BASIS)
- Set up your account – Reason = Legitimate interest.
- Storing personal information in our database – Reason = Consent.
- Process your orders – Reason = Fulfilling a contract.
- Notify you of your order status – Reason = Legitimate interest.
- Manage your account/provide customer services to you. This may include using 3rd party companies for manufacturing and/or delivery – Reason = Legal obligation/Legitimate interests.
- Marketing communications to inform you of special offers, promotions, new lines and sales. Provide you with online advertising – Reason = Legitimate interest.
- Notifying you about enhancements to our services, such as changes to the website and new services that may be of interest to you – Reason = Legitimate interest.
- Contact you to undertake customer satisfaction surveys, invite you to provide product reviews or for market research – Reason = Legitimate interest.
- Maintaining network and data security – Reason = Legitimate interest.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH AND WHY
Utopia Signs Ltd works with a number of trusted suppliers, agencies and businesses in order to provide you the high quality goods and services you expect from us such as delivery companies, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, product technicians visiting your home and market research companies amongst others.
Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
Utopia Signs Ltd works with a number of trusted partners who supply products and services on our behalf. All partners are subject to thorough security checks, and will only hold the minimum amount of personal information needed in order to fulfil the orders you place or provide a service on our behalf.
In order for you to receive your goods, Utopia Signs Ltd works with a number of delivery partners. Again, we only pass limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
Utopia Signs Ltd works with business who support our website and other business systems.
We work with marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you or carry out surveys and product reviews on our behalf.
Utopia Signs Ltd works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH YOU
We want to keep you up to date with information about new ranges, special offers and improvements to our website. When you set your account up, we will ask you if you want to receive this type of marketing information.
Utopia Signs Ltd will not share your information with companies outside of Utopia Signs Ltd for their marketing purposes.
If you decide you do not want to receive this marketing information you can request that we stop by writing to the Data Protection Officer at the address provided above, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01442 264600.
You may continue to receive mailings for a short period while your request is dealt with.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 7 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under How we use your information above.
The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
You are entitled to request the following from Utopia Signs Ltd, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased. Contact 01442 264600.
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact email@example.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available